Traumatic Brain Injury Infographic
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, over 1.5 million traumatic brain injuries (TBI’s) take place in the United States on an annual basis. In addition, traumatic brain injury is a factor in over 30% of all injury-related fatalities in the U.S. Additionally, concussions comprise roughly 75% of all TBI’s in the United States.
Concerned about TBI and life after injury, personal injury attorney Chris Purcell of Purcell Law has authored a new infographic about traumatic brain injury in California.
Here is a summary of the infographic data:
- Approximately three hundred and fifty thousand people in the state of California live with traumatic brain injuries, also known as “TBI.”
- Over 100,000 people visit emergency hospitals on an annual basis to address head injury accidents. Sadly, twenty five percent of these people are unable to return to the workplace due to the severity of the injuries.
- There are many different causes of brain injury. In the state of California, roughly 40% of brain injuries occur due to falls. Over 20% of brain injuries happen due to car accidents. In addition, over 15% of the injuries take place due to assaults.
Readers who wish to support organizations that assist those living with TBI may wish to contact one of the following non-profits.
- The Coalition for Brain Injury Research supports awareness and fundraising for brain injury research.
- Memorial Hermann’s Institution for Rehabilitation and Research seeks to harness the latest technology for TBI rehabilitation.
Chris Purcell is an Orange County personal injury and car accident lawyer who advocates for justice. Visit www.purcell-law.com to learn more.